Campus Box 1030
Jennifer Gartley started working for the Department of Music in the Spring of 2008. She finished her Doctorate of Musical Arts from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the Spring of 2009 with research focusing on contemporary piccolo literature.
Previously, Jennifer graduated from Louisiana State University (M.M) and Furman University (B.M.E.). She has been a regular performer with the Illinois Symphony, Sinfonia da Camera, the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra and the Owensboro Symphony as well as a teaching assistant at the University of Illinois.
Jennifer's responsibilities include:
- Assign teaching spaces for semester use for applied faculty.
- Schedule all performances for the Department of Music at the 560 Music Center.
- Coordinate music performances for other university division special events.
- Point of contact for Community Relations, Public Relations, and Development.
- Implements all development initiatives in accordance with department needs.
- Arrange and oversee Special Events, both for the Department of Music and the Friends of Music.
- Supervise all 560 Music Center operational needs, including security, building access, facilities and scheduling.