Jessica Flannigan will be out of the office until August 3, 2020. Please contact Jennifer Gartley in her abscence: email@example.com
Jessica Flannigan holds a Bachelor of Music Education and a Minor in Jazz Studies from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She is versed in an eclectic range of percussion performance including classical literature, jazz vibraphone, West African drumming, Afro-Cuban ensemble, and the marching arts. For over twelve years she has been teaching, writing, and arranging for marching bands, drumlines, and percussion ensembles in the St. Louis area. She has worked with the percussion sections at Francis Howell North H.S., Francis Howell H.S., O’Fallon Township H.S., Oakville H.S., Marquette H.S., and Windsor H.S. to name a few, and served as the front ensemble caption head at Freedom Percussion in 2011. Her students are frequently praised for their percussion ensemble approach to the marching arts.
As a performer, Jessica was a front ensemble member of WGI World Class finalist Gateway Indoor in 2005, 2006, and 2008. She spent a season in the percussion section of the St. Louis Wind Symphony, and as a student she was a member of every instrumental ensemble UMSL offered at the time. While in the UMSL Jazz Ensemble she had the privilege of performing with notable guest artists including Lou Marini, Peter Erskine, Jon Faddis, Clark Terry, and John Pizzarelli. Currently Jessica serves as administrative assistant for the Department of Music at Washington University, writer/arranger for several St. Louis area marching bands, and coordinator for the nationally recognized Greater St. Louis Jazz Festival. She continues to perform regularly with the Washington University Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble, and the University of Missouri-St. Louis Symphonic Band.
Jessica is a proud Innovative Percussion, Inc. Education Artist.
Jessica's responsibilities include:
- Undergraduate program: minor declaration and advising, degree audits, department scholarships, graduation certification, biennial assessment, senior capstones, entrance and exit interviews, Bulletin edits
- Graduate program: application and admissions processing, visits, funding requests, Bulletin edits
- Course listings
- Course evaluations
- Department handbook
- University College contact
- Assistant to the Chair: scheduling, faculty searches, tenure and promotion, department research, annual report, department social events, departmental files and directory
- Department development: manage donor database, coordinate donor events and solicitation mailings, attend Executive Advisory Council meetings, collaborate on donor recruitment methods and brainstorm future endeavors
- Facilities: field ongoing security and facility maintenance concerns, backup for technology-related classroom issues, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
- Proofread concert programs and flyers
- Room reservations for academic campus
- Backup for purchasing approvals